SARIO, Slovak Investment and Trade Development Agency
The Slovak Investment and Trade Development Agency (SARIO) is a government-funded allowance organization that works under the supervision of the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic.
SARIO’s primary objective is to improve the standard of living of Slovak citizens by increasing employment and reducing regional disparities.
The mission of the agency is to design and use all kinds of stimuli to increase the influx of foreign investment while promoting Slovak companies in their effort to transform into high-performance subjects successful in the globalized world market.
Assist in the process of Slovakia´s transformation to the business – technology- innovation – talent center of Europe and to become the preferred partner of companies contemplating investment in Central Europe. Accelerate the achievement of the Slovak economy in a measurable way, contributing to the quantitative and qualitative growth.
The strategic choice of territories and sectorial focus should increase the share of investors, whose production is characterized by high added value.
Supporting export activities of Slovak businesses so that this support reflects significant way the indicators of foreign trade of Slovakia.
Key Activities for investment
- Strengthening the status of the agency within government to create a competitive investment “business-friendly” environment in Slovakia
- Promotion of investment projects of domestic and foreign investors and aftercare services
- Consultations and solutions for state aid and new stimulus funds that would be preferred against the competition´s
- Creation of a database of available real estate and industrial parks
- Assistance and service to create joint ventures of Slovak and foreign companies (joint ventures)
- Focusing on the support of Slovak business flagships and SMEs to promote export
- Based on the agency’s position within the government to focus on the cultivation of environment and to mitigate systemic disadvantages of SMEs companies
- Put efforts into integration of SMEs into clusters of economic strategy – to improve cooperation with potential partners at the regional level, higher education and research sector
- Build a network of agencies, ambassadors and representatives for strategic territories