SCHEDULE, SCHEDULE, SCHEDULE.
The Global Expansion Summit 2017 Keynote Programme is a platform for world leaders from business and government alike to share their insights and experiences on the global trends and developments shaping global economies today and the impact on businesses who are growing globally and doing business across borders.
- Mrs Nirmala Sitharaman, Honourable Minister for Commerce and Industry, India
- Xiaozhun Yi, Deputy Director-General, WTO
- Mari Kiviniemi, Deputy Secretary-General, OECD
- Catherine Lewis La Torre, CEO, British Business Bank Investments Ltd
- David Cruickshank, Global Chairman, Deloitte
- John Mills, Founder & CEO, JML
- Charles Race, President of Worldwide Operations, Okta
- Eugen Miropolski, Managing Director for Europe & Israel, WeWork
- Karen Winton, Managing Partner, Nest VC
- Alex McCracken, MD, Silicon Valley Bank
- Julian David, CEO, techUK
Political Trends & Your Global Strategy
Business is business. It’s not politics…right?
Benefits: Hear from a line-up of MPs, experts & business leaders about how current global events are shaping the way the world does business; learn where the greatest potential for global economic growth lies in future; discuss what the global shift towards protectionism will mean for business & how Brexit & a Trump presidency will impact on world trade.
Creating Global Ecosystems of Innovation & Helping Startups Grow
Startup meet investor, investor meet startup!
Benefits: Learn from VCs and successful startups like Uber Eats &TransferWise on the realities of start-up expansion; ask questions of corporate partners on your fastest route to international growth and the right market for you; market your project with Google Digital Garage, pitch your idea to top investors, hear pitches from top startups. Get involved!
Innovation Driven Expansion – A Start Up Success Story
- Nilan Peiris, VP of Growth, Transferwise
Taking Portfolio Companies Abroad
- Chris Wade, Venture Partner, Octopus Ventures
- Alex MacPherson, CEO, Octopus Investments
- Jonny Nicol, CEO, Stratajet
- Sasha Astafyeva, Principal, Felix Capital
Micro-multi-nationals - How Innovative Startups Are Going Global for Less Than £1,000
- Matt Learner, Partner, 500 Startups
Panel: Corporate Investments in Innovation
- Didem Un Ates, Director, Partnerships & Startup Success, Microsoft Startup Growth Partners
- Tom Yoritaka, Founder & Former Global Managing Director, Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence
- Andrew McCartney, Founding Partner, Whitespace Ventures Ltd
Creating Ecosystems for Innovation and Growth
- Bev Hurley, CEO, YTKO & Chair of IED
Panel: The Realities of US Expansion & Fundraising
- Daniel Glazer, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (moderator)
- Paul Fifield, Chief Revenue Officer, UNiDAYS
- Patrick Timoney, Head of Operations, Improbable
- Miranda Lerner, General Counsel, SmartUp
- Julia Salasky, Founder & CEO, CrowdJustice
** Start Me Up Abroad **
A platform for start-ups looking to grow their business abroad allowing them to pitch to a panel of investors and accelerators from some of the most sought after innovation hubs around the world. A small, select group of startups will have a 5 minute pitch, followed by 5 minutes of questions from the judging panel.
Google Digital Garage Workshop
- Ade Bamgbala, Partnership Manager Upskill Digital, Google Digital Garage
Panel: Lessons from Successful Start-up Leaders on Going Abroad
Optimise Your Global Talent Pool & Efficiently Manage Global Operations
Expanding into new markets is HARD but getting the right talent & systems in place makes everything easier.
Benefits: Learn how to manage the challenges, risks & costs of global expansion, discuss opportunities with innovative technologies, emerging sourcing strategies & effective global talent management, work out how to balance compliance & cost with global mobility; maximise options as you expand offshore. Get your talent & logistics strategy in place!
The Impact of Automation
- Srini Krishna, Director Outsourcing Strategy & Economics, Microsoft Finance
Panel: How well is the supplier side adapting to the pace of change within client organisations?
- David Wyer, Head of Supplier Relationship Management, BBC
- Ritesh Idnani, President of Business Services Group (BSG), Tech Mahindra
Horizontal Collaboration & Innovation for Efficiency & Trust in the Supply Chain
- Oliver Philipp, Director Supply Chain Strategy & Solutions, Panasonic Europe Ltd.
Logistics & Supply Chain challenges, opportunities and strategies in expanding into new markets
- Bert De Winter, Director PPS EMEA SC Logistics, Hewlett-Packard
A Systematic Approach of Effective Collaboration Across Boundaries When Expanding into New Territories
- Iveta Kozlickova, Head of Center of Supply Chain Expertise, Covestro
The Tsunami of Change in the Supply Chain
- Mick Jones, Global Head of Logistics, DS Smith
Panel: Is the Logistics & Supply Chain Industry Ripe for Disruption?
- Matt Chasen, Founder & Board Member, Uship
- Dr. Zvi Schreiber, CEO, Freightos
- Laura Behrens Wu, CEO & Co-Founder, Shippo
The Future of the CEE region for shared services/financial services & Evolution to Complex Roles
- Scott Newman, Senior Vice President, Managing Director State Street Bank GmbH, Poland Branch, State Street
Attracting and retaining talent: Making global expansion work for your company
- Mark Derksen, Associate Director, Head of International Mobility, Arup
Panel: Balancing Compliance and Cost with Global Mobility
- Tracy Figliola, Director of Global Mobility and Global HR Shared Services, Equinix
- Jane Harris, Head of Global Mobility, Novartis
Global Mobility & Immigration in Times of Geopolitical Uncertainty: Impact for Business
- Julia Onslow-Cole, Partner, Legal Markets Leader and Head of Global Immigration, PwC
Panel: Sourcing & Developing Talent in New Markets
Identify How Global Risks & Opportunities Can Inform Your Expansion Strategy
When it comes to expansion, timing is everything!
Benefits: Hear from industry experts about how business can turn risk into a positive part of their expansion strategy; gain insights into how to effectively mitigate security challenges in the digital era and the innovative cybersecurity companies showing the way, hear the latest business models & learn how to identify the right time to expand; learn about market attractiveness, product readiness, business drivers, how to identify & analyse the competition.
How Security & Connectivity Affect Different Global Markets
- James Kretchmar, CTO EMEA, Akamai
Future-Proofing Cyber-Security when Companies Go Global
- Dave Palmer, Director of Technology, Darktrace
Fireside Chat: Secure Digital Transformation & Expansion Across Borders
- Helen Sutton, VP Enterprise Northern Europe, DocuSign
Panel: Challenges with addressing risks and threats when and expanding into new foreign markets
- Rudy Neefs, Director Corporate Security EMEA, Tech Data
- Werner Cooreman, Group Chief Security Officer, Solvay
Panel: Managing the Unique Cyber Security Challenges in Multiple Global Markets
- Vince Warrington, Cyber Security Leader & Entrepreneur
- Justin Lyon, CEO, Simudyne
- James Chappell, CTO & Co-Founder, Digital Shadows
Managing Geopolitical & Financial Risks in Emerging Markets
How to Master Global Politics and Regulations
- Basim Al-Ahmadi, Consultant at SET Advisory & Co-Founder at Global Risk Insights
Going Global Case Study: Cyber Security Start Up Success
- Tim Sadler, CEO and Co-Founder, CheckRecipient
Case Study: Lessons Learnt from an SME on Going Global
- Adam Reynolds, CEO, webexpenses
Increasing the Valuation of SMEs Through Intelligent International Expansion
- Oliver Dowson, CEO, International Corporate Creations
Managing “Black Swan” Events in Global Markets
- Carolyn Williams, Director of Corporate Relations, Institute of Risk Management
The Lean Global Expansion Framework
- Anke Corbin, CEO, Globig
Financing Growth, Embracing Innovation & Tracking Global Fintech Expansion
This is the cool stuff!
Benefits: Hear how Fintech firms are revolutionising supply chain finance, learn how Fintech enables companies to operate in new foreign markets and do business across borders; hear the latest in Fintech innovation, emerging innovation hubs, barriers & drivers for Fintech company expansion.From emerging payments to alternative lending, insurance & blockchain; meet the exciting finance disruptors powering international expansion. The future starts here!
Taking Logistics to the Next Level - Unlocking the potential of combining logistic and working capital cycles
- Fabio Manca, Managing Director, DHL Inventory Financing Services GmbH
The Impact Fintech Firms Have on Supply Chain: Enabling Growth in New Markets
- Chen Amit, Co-Founder & CEO, Tipalti
Panel: How fintech firms are helping revolutionise supply chains
- Prabhat Vira, President, Tungsten
- Alexander Goulandris, CEO, essDOCS
- Richard Hite, Director of Supply-Chain Finance, Barclays
The SME Landscape – Facilitating Growth
- Edoardo Volta, Vice President, UK&I Commercial Products, Mastercard
Panel: Securely Moving Money Across Borders
Panel: Borderless Innovation in Fintech - Enabling Growth, Tracking the Challenges & Successes
- Jens Woloszczak, Founder & CEO, Spotcap
Financing Growth for Global Expansion
- Gonçalo de Vasconcelos, Co-Founder & CEO, Syndicate Room, Cambridge
How Corporates are Opening Their Doors to Startups & Opportunities for Further Development
- Alberto Onetti, Chairman, Mind the Bridge Foundation & Coordinator of Startup Europe Partnership
Growing from Kenya, Across Africa & Around the World: A Fintech Global Success Story
- Charlene Chen, COO, BitPesa
Panel: Cultivating Global Fintech Ecosystems & Investing in Innovation
A Deep Dive on Opportunities & Realities of Doing Business in Specific Markets
Deciding your next market can be confusing & complex, but don’t worry! We can help.
Benefits: Learn what it takes to enter specific markets; hear from experts on local cultures, business environments, tax & regulatory landscapes, incentives for foreign investors & support services to ensure a smooth transition into new markets. Essential knowledge for anyone seeking to expand abroad.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Andrew Wrobel, Editor-in-Chief, Emerging Europe
- Dariusz Zuk – President & Co-Founder of Entrepreneurial Poland
- Uranik Begu, Executive Director Innovation Centre Kosovo, Director, Startup Grind Pristina Google for Entrepreneurs
- Anca Albu, Social Innovation Architect, The Change.rs
- Daniel Glazer, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Elizabeth Jamae, Founding Partner, Jamae Law Group
- Pratik Sampat, CEO, ihorizon
THE FUN STUFF
Alongside the structured, tailored networking events on offer, we want to make sure you have the freedom to reconnect and pursue new contacts in an informal setting at the Delegate Networking Reception.
In a rush? No worries! We know time is precious & leads matter! Our Speed Networking platforms can help. They provide a structured opportunity to generate a large number of new, relevant contacts in an efficient way.
Prefer to network with a view? The Exclusive GXP VIP Sky Bar party for our Black Pass delegates will ensure you can connect in style, in the dazzling surrounds of the InterContinental O2 Sky Bar. Come and be entertained under the amazing ‘night sky’ ceiling as you enjoy drinks into the night with new contacts.
THE SERIOUS STUFF
Need help navigating international tax structures, understanding local regulations, securing funding for expansion, available trade finance support or overseas market introduction in your target market? Seeking expertise about how to expand to the UK, Europe, China or further afield? Register for our B2B Expert Clinics & secure your chance to get 10 minutes of one on one airtime with a market or industry expert. Establish connections for future planning & gain the knowledge you need to take your business global!
Exclusively for registered delegates, the GXP Networking Application can be used to message fellow delegates & arrange B2Bmeetings. Use it to follow up with key contacts after the Summit.