IN3: Innovation | Investment | International
This unique platform makes the connection between open innovation and globalisation, bringing corporates and government together with the global startup community.
About the Innovate Abroad track
Innovate Abroad is a unique platform for bringing corporates and government together with the global startup and scale-up community to facilitate innovation driven expansion. How are innovation hubs built? What innovation projects are governments looking for? How do innovation partnerships develop? What is the future of cross sector innovation? Where can my business contribute?
Innovate Abroad will help enable:
- The growth and scale of emerging startups and scale-ups as they plan their international expansion
- Creation of innovation hubs in new markets and collaboration between hot spots around the world
- Mutually beneficial connections between start-ups, government & corporates
- Innovation driven corporate expansion and digital transformation
- Government innovation and digital empowerment
Confirmed speakers so far include
- Tom Yoritaka, Global Managing Director, Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence (Cisco EIR)
- Chris Wade, Venture Partner, Octopus Ventures
- Gary Stewart, Director, Wayra UK
- Krish Srinivasan, CFO, Remitly
- Hussein Kanji, Partner, Hoxton Ventures
- Ade Bamgbala, Partnership Manager Upskill Digital, Google Digital Garage
- Megumi Ikeda, Managing Director, Hearst Ventures
- Nilan Peiris, VP of Growth, Transferwise
- Bev Hurley, CEO, YTKO & Chair of IED
- Didem Un Ates, Director, Partnerships & Startup Success, Microsoft
- Shawn Xu, International Expansion, Square
- Oliver Harris, Corporate & Investment Bank FinTech lead, J.P. Morgan
2017 Innovate Abroad Highlights
Start Me Up Abroad
Start Me Up Abroad is aimed at startups looking to take their business into a new market. This is a dedicated platform for startups and scaleups to pitch to a panel of investors and accelerators from some of the most sought after startup city hubs and then take 5 minutesâ€™ worth of questions from the panel.
Google Digital Garage
Global Expansion Summit is very excited to be partnering up with The Digital Garage from Google - a digital skills training platform to assist you in growing your business, career and confidence, online. Furthermore, a Google digital expert is coming to teach you what is needed to gain a competitive advantage in the ever changing digital landscape, so come prepared to learn and ask questions, too.
Reach New Customers Online
Tuesday 20th June 11:45 â€“ 12:30
Learn how to make your business more visible online to help new customers find you through search optimisation, local listings and search engine marketing.