World’s largest Brexit event to be held in London this October
Brexit & Global Expansion Summit, 16-18 October 2016
Over 1,000 business leaders and 130 speakers will convene for a three-day conference & exhibition to discuss the impact of Brexit on global expansion and its worldwide implications on business strategies.
London, UK, July 28, 2016
Entrepreneur and former conference director of Mobile World Congress Fernando Faria today announced the launch of Brexit & Global Expansion Summit, the world’s largest event on Brexit, scheduled to take place on 16-18 October at the Intercontinental O2 in London.
The large-scale three-day conference and exhibition will convene the most influential leaders, providing practical insights and takeaways on the impact of Brexit on corporate international expansion strategies.
The conference programme will provide the greatest insight yet on what Brexit means for businesses in both the short and long term. As part of a 130-strong world-class speaker lineup, over 60 industry and policy leaders will join a critical and timely debate around Brexit focused on how business leaders can navigate an upcoming period of prolonged uncertainty.
Topics covered will include:
- Can London keep its status as the #1 Global Financial Centre?
- How can multilateral organisations prevent isolationist economic policies following Brexit?
- Beyond economy: How will Brexit impact London as a top destination for global talent?
- The impact of Brexit on contracts: Can Brexit be considered “force majeure” in some cases?
- Assessing UK post-Brexit FDI attractiveness: Can we expect more deals like Softbank/ARM?
- Global financial institutions: Where to locate in the future?
- Models for global expansion post-Brexit: Only the agile will survive
- How will Brexit impact the investment strategy for Sovereign Wealth Funds
- EU trade relationships: Industry advocacy for continuity of friendly terms
- UK-EU value chain management: Planning for the return of tariffs and duties
- How to retain your top management in an age of high talent mobility?
- Will the end of EU tax directives push multinationals out of the UK?
- How will Brexit impact competition law and M&A; deals going forward?
- Currency wars: What does Brexit mean for the Sterling/Euro as a preferred international currency?
- Measuring uncertainty: Scenario building and risk mitigation post-Brexit
- Commercial diplomacy goes mainstream: Brexit and the challenge for industry advocacy
“Now is the time for a pragmatic discussion about Brexit, including its wide-ranging implications and impact on corporate strategic planning. Brexit & Global Expansion Summit brings together a community of influential executives to bridge the gap between corporate and government leaders and to make a difference in the overall investment climate.” said Fernando Faria, founder and managing director of Brexit & Global Expansion Summit.
“Brexit is just the beginning of a seismic change in global geopolitics and the economic world order in place since the 1940s, realigning the world economy under a different brand of globalisation. London is where this is all happening and our event provides the perfect platform at the right time for this debate,” said Faria.
Over 100 speakers have already been confirmed including:
- Steve Barnett, Director of Financial Centre Development, Abu Dhabi Global Market
- Scarlett Sieber, SVP, Global Business Development New Digital Businesses, BBVA
- Diomedes Kastanis, VP, Head of Technology CTO Software Solutions BUSS, Ericsson
- Hubertus Väth, Managing Director, Frankfurt Main Finance
- Denzil Samuels, Global Head of Channels, Business Development & Ventures, GE Digital
- Dr Remo Gerber, CEO UK & Western Europe, Gett
- John Palfreyman, Director, Blockchain Labs, IBM
- Jeffrey Franks, Director, IMF Europe Office
- Astrid Hartmann, SVP of Global Business Services, Lufthansa
- Kaan Terzioglu, CEO, Turkcell
- Jambu Palaniappan, Regional General Manager - EMEA, Uber
Along with the world-class conference programme, the event will feature a 2,000m2 exhibition hall, workshops, private meetings and networking opportunities.
To register for the Brexit & Global Expansion Summit, or to enquire about exhibition, sponsorship and speaking opportunities, visit www.gxpsummit.com.
Holly Roberts, Media Enquiries
Brexit & Global Expansion Summit
T: +44 02032834477